Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday 16 March 2015

Mother's Day in Cabra!

After cleaning the house, walking the dogs, organizing dinner for the family (and giving my hubby some loving the night before..) I headed off with the mammy and the sisters for our dinner in The Canal Bar' part of a beautiful development off the Navan road behind the halfway house.
It's a very stylish setting overlooking the canal where on a nice summer's day you could sit out side and enjoy the canal boats coming and going. (It just so happened to be baltic yesterday!)
We enjoyed a beautiful traditional Sunday dinner, I have to say was fresh and hot and the deserts were a generous amount of pure delight.
Afterwards we decided to take our traditional Mother's Day route to Finbar's GAA club in Cabra. We were met with the Kareoke in full blast, although we didn't stand a chance for the microphone as there were a queue of XFactor wannabies!
 The bar was filled to capacity with all the women I grew up around in Cabra and there wasn't a space to move as we danced the night away to 'Something Else'  a FAB band!
 It was like a huge hen party! A few men did venture in to enjoy the view as the style was 90!
So, I'm grateful to have another Mother's Day with my Mammy and my sisters and my friends. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment